Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why are all the best movies on past midnight?

Why is it that all the best movies are on late at night... ending well past midnight?! Do broadcasters not realise that the majority of people work in the mornings?

It dawned on me this morning (no pun intended) as I peeled my eyes open in response to the screeching alarm clock that the broadcasting people are evil, pure evil.

About the caffeine high from my fifth cup of coffee caught up with me the conspiracy theorist section of my brain started to rev up... Could late night TV movies be a subtle but effective plan to keep us regular folk, the great unwashed, in a constant state of exhaustion? "Now hold on, that's crazy talk", you're probably saying to yourself right now, "what would be the benefit of having an overly tired populace?"

Well my friends, think about this:-
- Tired people need caffeine to function - Starbucks stand to make a fortune promoting late night movies.
-Tired people are more susceptible to illness and therefore line the drug companies pockets buying medicine
-Tired people can't think properly, can't think critically, can't think rationally, and can't act against their governments.

My conspiracy theory of the day is that Starbucks, Drug Companies, and the Man have teamed up to take advantage of man's greatest weakness.... late night TV.

I'm starting to think I need to control myself and not succumb to the temptation to watch an edited for TV version of Cliff Hanger for the 7th time... Damnit! Terminator 2 is on...

1 comment:

  1. hahaha And Terminator 2 IS, in my humble opinion, the best of the Terminator films! I mean, who really CAN resist that??

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in your thoughts, leave a comment: