Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Modern Day Cow Tipping

As I was trolling the internet looking for strange and bizarre things, I came across this article about a prolific new cure for boredom... tipping over smartcars?!

Evidently, in a modern take on the sacred and age old tradition of cow tipping, people are getting boozed up and tipping smart cars on their sides. Apparently the smart cars weigh in at just over 700kg, which is slightly heavier than the average cow, and are quite easy to tip with a little help from friends.

I thought this would be a one off, but the internet is loaded with stories and even videos of people tipping these silly little cars over. In Holland, a group of hooligans has even managed to flip the cars into the local canals!

I must say I'm a bit disappointed that I'm only finding out about this now... on the plus side there is a smart car just down the road.. hmm.. be right back...

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. I went to school for a year in an obscure town in upstate NY where there were more cows than people, and a group of friends and I seriously contemplated going cow tipping on more than one occasion. If only this had been more prominent 4 years ago...who knows, I may never have tranferred.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in your thoughts, leave a comment: